Thursday, July 6, 2017

Weird Westerns on the Rise?

Weird Westerns have always been on the fringe of genre fiction.  But they’re not the ticket to obscurity they once were. It’s actually a hundred year old genre that’s very rich and diverse in its subject matter.  These stories are riding a new wave of popularity, not only with readers but authors as well.  Case in point, a new anthology:Straight Outta Tombstone.  Edited by David Boop, the book is packed with stories by major writers .  Alas, I’m not one of them. Although I know most of the contributors in the book, my story didn’t make it into the book.  I have nothing to gain or loose from the success of this book. I just note it’s out. And it’s a rarity in that so many Weird Western books are put out in the small press world. Boop has collected major authors and the book is put out by Baen, a major publisher.  I hope it does well as this sort of book, with it’s wide distribution, can reach a lot more readers.


1 comment:

  1. Awww. Thank you, David. Your heart is as big as your vocabulary. There will be more WW Anthos to come and you'll always get an invite from me.

    ReplyDelete