Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Now they've done it

Well, I met the news that Jodie Whittaker will be the next Doctor on Doctor Who with a so-what attitude.  I went from just loving the show during the Matt Smith era to no longer watching it during the outgoing Peter Capaldi. I didn't stop watching it because of Capaldi. I actually liked his performance. It was more a total dislike for the preposterous and moronic storylines the show had descended to.

So, a woman doctor eh? I predict set in their ways fans will not take to her.  It had already been established that Time Lords can regenerate into different genders. The long-term villain The Master had already regenerated to a woman and changed the name from The Master to Missy.  

Is she going to have dudes travelling with her? I hope they keep the concept of hot babes in short skirts for travelling companions.  I still miss Amy Pond.  I also think the doctor should get a dog. [Not a robot dog like Tom Baker had--a real one.]

Anyone  have any thoughts?




4 comments:

  1. I think you nailed it when you mentioned the writing. I suspect how well Jodie Whittaker is perceived will depend on how well the show is written. Although I've heard there are people fussing about a woman Doctor, I actually haven't met any personally.

    Fortunately we are getting a new show runner with the new Doctor, so we'll see how things go. That said, aside from the strange mid-season three parter, I thought Capaldi's final season was much better than his first two.

    Maybe the new Doctor will have hot dudes traveling with her. After all, my wife (and a few other women I know) really appreciated Jamie McCrimmon and his kilt in the original series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Bob was gay? But she ran off with some rain drop, right? Babes in short skirts, babes in short skirts. Bring back Amy Pond, in a short skirt or that police uniform she had.

      Delete
  2. It's about time they got the doctor right...I mean, how could they possibly think a being that cool/powerful was really a man... (joking, really I am.) I'm excited for the female doctor, and I hope whoever they pick as her companion does the role justice. I've got no problem with eye candy of either gender, I just hope they fill the role well. And powerful story lines. Looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, the doctor could even be played by a dog if they can get back to doing good stories! Personality, intensity and wackiness are why I got into Doctor Who but it was the stories that kept me, till recently, coming back. Change is the soul of the Doctor.

    ReplyDelete