Monday, July 24, 2017

Happy Birthday

Well, I got a nice birthday present in the form of a contract to publish a novella.  More about it as we get toward release date, which is a while off still.  Novellas, which run around 30,000 words, are a size I really enjoy writing, but they are a real bear to get published.  I have  done a few that I had to re-edit into short stories to get them published.  So, being able to get one published as envisioned by the author (hey, that's me) is really neat.  The story brings together my past character, Ah Puch, the Mayan god of death, with a newcomer to my stable, Ling Fung.  Like the Miles O'Malley books, it is mostly set in 1880's California.  Ah Puch is still trying to raise and equip an army to take over California. This time it's a mysterious Chinaman who decides to block his efforts.  Updates will be posted as they develop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment