Monday, July 31, 2017

edits

Well, the good news is i found a publisher for my novella.  The bad news is I found a publisher for my novella.  Now comes the agonizing process of editing and revision.  Part of the problem is you don't know what style book your editor is going to use, since you don't know who's publishing or editing your book--at least I didn't.  Ergo, where one style book may go to numerals after twenty, so you'd do 21 next. That's not universal.  This leaves me feeling like an idiot even though it's not really a big deal in the overall scheme of things.   Actually, I got off fairly easily.  So far, I haven't seen anything I can't live with in the way of edits.  I should point out this is a novella, about half the size of a typical novel.   I'll talk more on this once it's all done.  

Got a preview of the cover.  It looks good.  More to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment