Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's Day

My father said he didn't want anything for Father's Day. And that is just what he got.  Well, my brother did cook a very nice supper. and he seemed pleased with that.  I've always wondered where Mother's Day and Father's Day came from.  A lot of people think Hallmark invented them as an excuse to sell greeting cards.  That certainly would not surprise me. 

I am certainly glad we don't have Siblings Day.National Pet's Day would be a toughie. Dogs and cats can't read, so getting them a card would seem kind of pointless. Maybe we have enough occasions to send cards now.  Perhaps they should enact Vagrant's Day, and people would go around and give a card to their favorite street corner bum. I kind of like that one for some reason. 

Happy Father's Day to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment