Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Why?

A couple of young men from the local high school were at Burger King yesterday talking about whatever young men talk about. Their particular discussion centered about someone named Megan.  Then the conversation drifted to their homework. By the way, I think this was a private school as Tucson schools are out, me thinks.  Apparently, one of them had drawn the task of writing to the president.
I butted in, "You don't want to do that."
"I don't?"
"Nah, the president is a dullard. Can you write to someone else?"
"I signed up for him."
"Well, send one off somewhere else.  How about  a constable or clerk of the superior court.? They're elected officials."
"If I got an answer? He is the president."
"It'll be an autopen."  
And so, court clerk it was. Unless he changes his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment