Friday, February 17, 2017

Taxes

Got my income taxes done.  I'm always glad to have that out of the way.  I get a small refund this year.  

The only certainties in life are death and taxes.  Who said that?  Supposedly it was Benjamin Franklin.

Back in colonial days the main tax was tariffs.  

Taxes I'd like to see:  Taxes on fish.  I don't like eating fish. I never have. So, that be a wonderful tax. and that's the problem, we all like taxes if someone else is paying them.   Taxes that would be interesting, but tough to cllec.  Tax on flying saucers.  I'd love that one. Tax on ghosts.  That would cut down on haunted houses, I'll bet.   Taxes on cats. Why cats? Well, dogs pay taxes in most places in the form of dog licenses, but cats don't.  Screw the damned cats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment