Saturday, November 26, 2016

Civic Duty

I'm scheduled to report for jury duty on Monday.  People have been asking me "Can you get out of it?"  Of course I could get out of it. I don't want to.  Back in Colorado I used to get jury notices every year like clockwork. I would simply throw them away. Nothing ever happened.  No one came to arrest me. I didn't get any letters from the court. Absolutely nothing happened.  

But, the down side is, if I were on trial, I wouldn't want everyone thumbing their nose at the jury system.  So  I have decided to report and if I am placed on a jury to do whatever it is juries do. I'll post about it next week if anything comes of it.

Now, as for getting out. That's not hard.  If you're placed on a panel, just tell the judge he must be guilty or he wouldn't be sitting there. They would have no choice but to get rid of you on bias. I once knew someone who showed up with an aluminum foil helmet to protect himself from aliens probing his mind. They knew it was a scam, but what are they going to do?  Back before they banned smoking my dad just went and got a doctor's letter that the cigarette smoke was making him sick--and was a true reason they couldn't argue about.

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment