Sunday, October 23, 2016

Halloween Decor

I live in a gated community.  I'm new here inTucson and this will be my first Halloween around these parts.  I've noticed some folks are decorating their houses to a level that's equal to Christmas with orange and purple lights and skeletons and tombstones, etc.  Didn't see much of that in the mountains of Colorado. I doubt my house will see much action, as there just aren't any kids around. So, I went to my father, who also lives in Tucson and asked him to let me decorate his house.  To my surprise, he agreed.  So, I've spent the weekend putting up lights and spider webs and ghosts and getting the jack o'lanterns just so.  Damn, it was like I was ten again.  It was really fun.  I thought the place looked wonderful. On my way home, I noticed one of his neighbors had done a much better job that I had.   Their house was amazing.   It was beautiful and scary at the same time. Argh! 






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I live close enough to the border that people are serious about their Dia de los Muertos celebrations and the neighborhood cemetery often gets a surprisingly fun makeover this time of year. Hoping I'll have a little time to do some Halloween decoration at my house in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're starting to see all the lights and decorations like it was christmas in Severance and Fort Collins. It's trickling in. I approve. Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete