Friday, May 13, 2016

cleaning up

It seems ever since I decided to sell my house that I'm cleaning nearly constantly.  A spec of dust here and an unexplained foot print there. Oh my!  I've never been that much of a cleaner, but I had to get the place presentation clean to sell it. Now, as the weeks of "under contract" creep by, I'm still forced to keep cleaning constantly, until we close, Then I can stop worrying about it so much.  Why?  Well, nobody ever complained because a house was too clean. Secondly, I don't think I can go through showing this house gain. I'm so afraid something will go wrong, that I've been trying to keep everything showroom clean.  I don't even use my oven anymore. Ovens are a real chore to clean. This isn't my normal forte.  I don't like this constant cleaning.  It's just that the alternative is worse.At least I'm out of fix it mode. My list of things that I had to fix was taken care of.  

My advice on home ownership--rent. Worse case when renting is you might lose your cleaning deposit. And maybe not even that. Last time I rented I got my deposit back.  Those were the good old days.


No comments:

Post a Comment