Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Return to Science Fiction

You just thought I was through talking about my new book. Guess again.  I've had anthologies, short stories and the occasional review or article, but it's been a long time since I've had a novel published. I published The Brotherhood, which is about vampire monks.  Then I published three weird western novels: The Two Devils, The Devil's Due and the Dust Devil.   [Those three books are now reprinted in one big book called The Devil Draws Two].  And, in the meantime I've been editing horror books, and written some science fiction stories. I have a story in a new anthology Lightships & Sabers, for example. Last year year I edited a science fiction anthology simply called The Martian Anthology.

So, my point is, although I seem to be viewed more as a horror guy, I've always worked in both science fiction and horror, not to mention a little steampunk now and then.  It is my delight that I finally have a science fiction novel. It is not horror. It is not weird western. It is not steampunk.  It's good old science fiction.  It's got aliens and space ships and laser weapons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment