Friday, April 1, 2016

Society of Writers Named Dave

The waitress approaches the five gentlemen who just arrived at the casual dining restaurant. “Can I start you guys off with something to drink?”

“Hi, says the guy on the end. “I’m Dave, this here’s Dave, and that’s Dave, and that’s Dave and my name’s Dave.”

Well, I’m kind of ripping off an old Monty Python sketch.  It’s just that I’ve noticed something out of my fellow members of Writers Named Dave.  That’s a secret society of writers named Dave or David.  We get together once and a while, although not very often as we live far apart.  We haven’t had any meetings, but I noticed something interesting.  Most of my fellow Daves have recently put up comments lamenting no one will review their books.  Now, we’re not really talking about professional book reviews–more like the casual comments on places like Goodreads or Amazon. People buy our books and sometimes we give away copies.  But they never bother to post their thoughts about the books anywhere.  Good favorable comments help us sell more books. But all we seem to be getting is a great abyss of silence.

If you like a book, tell folks. It really matters.  We need that little trickle of revenue to write more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment