Tuesday, April 26, 2016

money

I see we're getting new money and they're ditching Andrew Jackson.  He hated paper money and I'm sure he'll be glad to be removed from the twenty dollar bill.  They didn't ask me who to pick for a replacement.  I'd have voted for Dolly Madison.  She makes really good cupcakes and baked goods--not bad at all for a dead lady.  So I think Dolly should be on the twenty.

But I also think we're going about this all wrong.  We should let people bid to have their name and likeness placed on currency.  So, some millionaire could bid five million to have his mug on the fiver, for say, five years or so.  This could significantly reduce our debt.  

If they don't want to sell out, then I think they should get rid of people on money altogether.  Rainbow trout on one, bald eagle on 5, wild turkey on 10, put a grizzly bear on 20 and maybe a nice elk on the hundred.  Why don't people blindly do what I tell them? The world would be a much better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment