Monday, April 18, 2016

If only I had a dog

A few days ago I picked up some takeout Chinese food at a restaurant I had never been to--it's not really new, just not convenient for me.  Well, I wish I hadn't.  I didn't care for it.  It was the sort of meal where I wished I had a dog.

If somebody has never had a dog they won't understand that remark.  Dogs will eat nearly anything.  And I figured the dog would eat whatever it was I was eating.  I sure didn't want it.  Dogs are great at disposing of excess food. Not all dogs like everything, but most do. Once had a golden retriever who loved beans.  Growing up, we had a beagle who loved to eat corn on the cob. He'd hold it in his paws and mow it down, leaving the cob.  That dog was an eating machine. Pre beagle, we had a fox terrier that supposedly ate watermelon, though I never saw it. 

Since  I don't have a dog, I'm not going back to that Chinese restaurant. There are others around where I don't need a dog to take care of uneaten food.


No comments:

Post a Comment