Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Car Wash or Chamber of Doom Death Trap?

I had my car washed this morning.  It was one of those robo washes.  As I sat there getting it washed, it occurred to me that during the summer the doors on both ends of the thing stay open. But that's not so in the winter. They close with every customer.  What started bothering me as I looked around was the fact there seemed to be no emergency release on these doors. So, if there was some major mechanical problem or a power failure, I could figure no way out of the blasted thing.  Maybe there's some way out that I missed, but it gives thought to the notion of whether it's wise to use one of these things late at night when few people are around.

On a related note, this place has no emergency contact phone number posted anywhere that I could find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment