Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Screw the water, this is what I want to know...

Yep, now the Martians can set up watering stands and wait for thirsty astronauts to crawl by.  They'll clean up.  Mars has a unique status in that someone with even a modest telescope can get a fairly good look at the place.  You can't do that with the other planets.  But there's still a heck of a lot we don't know about the place.  And out little rovers are unpeeling its secrets at a snail's pace. 

Here's what I'd still like to know: [NASA doesn't worry about stuff like this, but I do]

Will potatoes grow on Mars?
That may seem odd. In my forthcoming novel Bonded Agent, which takes place on Mars, I claim potatoes won't grow there.  It was just something I threw in for colour about life on Mars.  Still, I sure wish NASA or the ESA would send up a few bushels of potatoes up there and plant them and see if they'll grow or not.  What's a few million bucks or Euros in the name of science?

If they find some abandoned cabin or some temple ruins, what will they do with them?  

Now, back to this water thing.  What kind of fish do they have? What if they find fish swimming around in some creek?  Will they try and eat them or just let them swim around?  You know how bad some guy with a fly rod would want to go after the first Martian trout?

Can you fly a kite on Mars?  
I'd sure like to know this.  

If human astronauts go to Mars, what are they going to do with all the poop?
Are they going to bury it?  Leave it in piles like they do on Mt. Everest? What?
Heck I've never been able to find out what they did with the poop from the moon missions.


Is this Mars or the moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment