Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Sun Also Rises On Desolate Worlds

Well, I had a conversation with someone over the bad things that happen in life--particularly the death of someone we both knew. Then she said some nonsense about "The sun will still rise tomorrow."

I replied "The sun also rises over desolate worlds. It rises over Mars just as it does over Earth."  Well, that comment didn't go over so well.  But it's true. People go around spewing out nonsensical statements and and then they get mad if someone points out the inconsistencies or the nonsense behind them.  I guess that's why people don't like me.  But I'm right.  When we completely destroy civilization on this planet the one certainty is the sun will continue to rise every morning--even if no one is around to see the sunrise.  

2 comments: