Friday, August 28, 2015

Advice on underwear

One of the more baffling pieces of parental advice I got as a child was, "Always wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."  Truth is, if you're in an accident, it's not all that likely your underwear will remain all that clean.  I was thinking about that yesterday as I was wearing underwear that wasn't from the clean laundry drawer.  It wasn't disgusting or anything, just pre-worn.  So, had I gotten into an accident, I'm sure the doctors and nurses would have been standing around the hallway at the hospital saying stuff like, "His underwear wasn't clean when he came in here."  Yep, I'm sure that would have been first thing on their minds. 

"He knew his underwear wasn't clean and wore it anyway. Film at eleven here on 9 News."  At least I had underwear on.  And today I'm wearing clean underwear, as I finally got around to doing laundry. 

Know something else?  The socks I'm wearing have holes in them.  I'm a real disgrace. Socks cost too much and I'm getting all the wear out of them I possibly can. When the holes get bigger, then perhaps I'll buy more socks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment