Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Garbage gods

As I've mentioned before, I live in a condo complex.  We have common garbage and recycling dumpsters.  Most of the residents actually seem to be able to throw away their garbage without any difficulty at all.  You just take it out to the dumpster and open the lid and put the trash inside it. Alas, for some unfortunates, that appears to simply be too difficult. We have some residents who toss bags of garbage on top of the dumpster instead of putting it inside.  We also have the let's just leave it in front of the dumpster folks.  The dumpsters have lids designed to keep out bears.  Alas, it's not just the bears who appear unable to open them.  

If you're so damn stupid you can't figure out how to open a trash dumpster, one might just consider suicide. Seriously, get a rope or something. Of course, if you can't figure out how to put trash bags in a dumpster, I suppose a hangman's noose is likely out of the question. And, of course, some of these folks may be elderly people who are simply too feeble to open the darned thing.  So, while I stand by my assessment, some may think  it a bit harsh.  I suppose another alternative would be to keep it inside your unit.  While that may draw in rodents, the good side to that is rodents carry hantavirus and bubonic plague and those often fatal diseases will accomplish the same result.

I wonder if ancient Rome had a god for garbage.  I'll have to look into that.  




No comments:

Post a Comment