Thursday, April 9, 2015

Weird Westerns

People lump me into the weird western category as a matter habit these days, in spite of the fact that only about 20% of the crap I write are WW stories.  However, I like the genre and take no exception with the label.  But one thing I don't often talk about is the fact other weird western writers have a vendetta against me.  Seriously, I've been blasted a lot by other people in the genre and I have the podcasts to prove it.  My crime is not that I suck as a writer (though that may be the case).  My offense is the stuff I write, and especially the stuff I publish, is not dark enough.   

And that still seems to be the case.  I've been given a rather rude snub by a con this week and an even ruder snub by a WW anthology.  Screw 'em.  I'll do what I do and they can kiss my ass.  But I do find it interesting that there really is a mindset that wants to keep people out of the field on such a ridiculous and silly level.  But that's the petty little world of genre fiction and the cons affiliated with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment