Monday, March 9, 2015

garbage thieves

There's a saying that one man's trash is another man's treasure.I guess that's true.  I've lugged around a collection of cartoon character glasses for years.  I've watched their value drop and drop.  About half of my collection is nearly worthless.  With glass items, conventional thinking is they appreciate in value. No so with my collection.  They're worth far less now than they were even ten years ago.  I've tried selling them on eBay. They cost more to ship than folks are willing to pay.  So, I took them over to the thrift store. They wouldn't even take them.  So, I tossed the box in the trash dumpster yesterday. This morning, the box was still in there but the glasses were gone.  So somebody saw them and climbed into the dumpster and took them.  That's okay.  I threw them out.  If I had known anyone who wanted them I would've given them to them anyway.  But, as to why someone would climb in a disgusting trash dumpster for some glasses even the thrift store doesn't want,  I cannot say.

No comments:

Post a Comment