Sunday, March 29, 2015

Eggs, part 2

Of course, in addition to the hard boiled eggs, you often get candy eggs for Easter.  I'm particularly fond of those ones that are filled with peanut butter.  And you get those chocolate rabbits as well.  Most of those chocolate rabbits are of such poor quality they can keep them.  And there's the jelly beans that look like rabbit turds.  What the heck was the Easter Bunny thinking?

But one of my biggest quandaries about the Easter Bunny is how this rabbit gets and distributes all this stuff?  Unlike Santa Claus, who has a toy factory and an army of elves, not to mention a reindeer-powered sleigh, the Easter Bunny apparently just lugs the goods around somehow. Well, okay, I guess. 

But, let's go back to those yummy peanut butter eggs.  The store has been selling them for around 60 cents since they came out. Now, the week before Easter, they want a dollar for one egg.  I don't know what the bags of them are going for.  I haven't looked.  I just hope the Easter Bunny is not a lat minute shopper. That's a forty percent price gouge.  Yikes.

And I guess that's about all I have to say on Easter.  It's not as bad as most holidays.  You get candy and eggs, but not as good a mix of goodies as Halloween.  The Great Pumpkin still has better suppliers than the Easter Bunny.  And, I don't know what the deal is with girls and those new dresses they get for Easter.  And, what's with the ham for supper?  We always had ham for Easter supper.  I never knew why.  Did the Easter Bunny just like to eat pork?  Don't recall much mention about Jesus eating ham, either. Never did figure that one out, either. I mean, I don't really have a problem with ham, just wondering why so many folks eat ham for Easter.

So, next Sunday have yourself a nice Easter.  I'll probably be working.  And that's just as well, because the Walking Dead season ends tonight and they won't have anything on TV that I want to watch and I sure as heck won't be eating any hard boiled eggs [see part 1 on that].

No comments:

Post a Comment