Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Ground Hog Day!

I love Ground Hog Day.  Me and that town in Pennsylvania.  And that's about it.  For ten years I've been advocating that people eat sausage on Ground Hog Day. Sausage is made out of ground hog.  It makes perfect sense to me.  And, I've had zero converts.  I feel much like Linus, who spent most of his young life telling people about the Great Pumpkin to no avail.  The difference, of course, is I don't preach that a ten foot tall groundhog named Wilbur is going to drag you from your bed and eat you in its burrow if you don't have sausage. Well, I guess the Great Pumpkin never actually did that, either. But, if you have some sausage today you'll make me and the folks at Jimmy Dean happy. Speaking of Jimmy Dean, I once wrote to them about my idea to promote Ground Hog Day for eating sausage. I never heard back from them.



No comments:

Post a Comment