Saturday, February 7, 2015

Cons

I've never been all that active in the world of science fiction conventions.  A lot of that has to do with the fact they take up a lot of time and money, travelling to them. Another issue is that my so-called day job makes it really tough to get weekends off, especially during the winter ski season. The far away ones can really cost a lot to attend. 

Then, there is the fact that a lot of cons don't seem to want me.  That wouldn't bother me so much, until you look at the posers they bring in.  It's one thing to be snubbed in favor of better or more talented writers--it's another matter to get snubbed in favor of someone who only has one self published crappy book or one or two short stories.  Regardless of why, it looks like I will be attending very few cons this year.  Between my own self-imposed issues of time and budget and the fact that most of the cons I want to attend aren't interested, it doesn't look like I'll be travelling much this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment