Friday, February 27, 2015

Boiler Rooms

I just did my taxes.  One development last year was there were no contributions to charity at all.  That was not entirely because I'm cheap.  No, it was the inevitable evolution of things.  Let me explain. I hate boiler rooms.  There's been a trend in recent years for more and more charities to use boiler rooms, as they're never content with what you give them. Thinking they can bludgeon more money out of you, they hire boiler rooms to call you and bother you.  Now, my practice has always been that any charity that calls me begging for money is forever banned from getting another dime.  And since it seems all charities I've had any interest in have resorted to hiring these obnoxious people to call me at all hours, well the inevitable has happened. There really aren't any charities in good favor with me anymore. These places calling me will never get another dime as long as I live. I'm not entirely sure how they get my phone number, but that's another story for another day. 

To ad insult to injury, they never stop calling, either.  It doesn't matter how many times you tell them to stop calling you, they just keep on calling.  The local public TV station burned their bridges about 4 years ago yet they still have some boiler room call me constantly.  They'll never stop.  They'll also never get any money.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment