Saturday, January 3, 2015

Shameless Promotion Saturday

I'm going to try something new for at least the month of January. On Saturdays I'm going to post brief excerpts of some of my stories.  We'll see how it goes from there.  This is from "Crosses" which is in These Vampires Don't Sparkle, edited by Carol Hightshoe.

    The pasty-faced man in the brown suit and  red and gold necktie stood quietly at the rear of the church.  He waited for the lingering parishioners to leave the Sunday evening prayer service.  Then, he approached the priest.  “Father, will you hear my confession?”
   “Of course,” Anthony Myers said.  He started for the candle alcove, then hesitated. “Don’t take this the wrong way. You have a look about you.  Are you Catholic?”
   “You know I’m not, Father. You know I’m not.”
   “And you want it to be a confession because of the absolute sanctity of it?” the priest asked, already knowing the answer..
   “I need absolute sanctity more than I need absolution,” he explained. “My soul may be beyond redemption.”
   “I see,” the priest said.  “You’re a vampire then?”


No comments:

Post a Comment