Monday, January 5, 2015

Banking

I don't particularly like my bank.  I don't think the tellers know what they're doing. Their ATM machines are so old they barely work. Their so-called online banking is hardly state of the art.  But they do offer a free account. And that's why I put up with them.

Then I got to thinking. Does anyone really like their bank?  I've never heard anybody say "I can't wait to go to the bank after work."  It's more like "I have to go to the bank after work."  

I'm not saying they should have dancing girls and hot towel massages, although I rather like those ideas.  But the whole process of going to the bank is only a notch better than going to look for used cars. The last time I applied for a loan, they were so obnoxious I told them to keep their damned loan and walked out the door.  I closed my accounts the next day and moved from Draconian Bank to Current Bank--which I hate less than the other one.  

Oddly, in my county, there is not a single credit union.  I don't know why. I'm not sure they're the answer.

Of course, my biggest banking problem is I don't have enough money.  Mr. Dreysdale on the Beverly Hillbillies kissed Jed Clampett's ass because he had a huge fortune. I'm certain, had I wanted to open an account there, I would've been ushered out to the ATM machine that hadn't been invented yet--the one like my current bank that won't even accept deposits and is usually broken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment