Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Dark N Stormy Markets

Writers are always whining about the lack of markets. Yet, since I've been on both side of the fence, I've seen projects go begging for lack of submissions.  Such is the case with an anthology I've been reading for. It's a quirky one playing on the infamous story beginning "It was a dark and stormy night."  In spite of widely publicizing it to writers, the response has been disappointing.   Now, if any contributors are reading this they shouldn't despair. I honestly do not know if there are enough publishable stories yet or not.  I'll inform folks in due course.   Still, it continues to confirm my widely held view that writers do not write for markets, but try to convince themselves markets meet their stories lying around--even though they seldom do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment