Friday, November 7, 2014

Letterz

My main thought about the recent election was "thank God it's over."  But I had another thought as well.  Back many years ago when I started voting, I used to get a lot of mail from candidates telling me how wonderful they were.  For the most part, I read the stuff they sent me.  This past election I did not receive one single piece of mail from any candidate or preposterous proposition.  Not even the bus driver we elected sheriff sent me a single card or letter.  No wonder the post office is in trouble.

I think the obsession with choking the airwaves with horrible commercials is counterproductive, as people just want to tune out.  How many times do I need to be told some guy's a bum?  But, I just don't see why they've completely stopped using the mail to reach people.  To me it's an opportunity lost.  


No comments:

Post a Comment