Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pounding into walls

This fall I tried to organize a Halloween author reading in Denver.  I polled a bunch of authors and none of them wanted to do it.  Then I tried to set up a Christmas steampunk reading.  I ended up cancelling that as well, as very few authors wanted to participate.  So I vowed that I'm not going to try and organize any more author events.  It's kind of a shame, as I've rather enjoyed doing them.  But I'm tired of pounding my head into walls.

And I now have my schedule for Mile Hi Con.  I'm doing a themed steampunk reading--yay.  And I'm on an art panel with something to do with small press art.  And I'm on a time travel panel.  And I'm moderating a panel discussion about the 1897 Airship. YAY!  I love talking about the Great 1897 Airship and have given a number of talks on it.  This is the first time I've ever had a panel discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment