Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Marketing on the cheap

One marketing effort I've been doing has been handing out bookmarks featuring Six Guns Straight From Hell 2.   They're pretty cool looking.  Anyway, last weekend I put some on the freebie table at Mile Hi Con, as well as handed some out to the anthology contributors who were attending the con. At least 50 bookmarks were taken by people.  Well, I do wonder what these people are going to do with them. I suspect most of them are taken home along with other freebies then thrown away.  They sure didn't buy any of my books.  The dealer that was carrying copies had not sold a single one by midday on Sunday, which was when I left. Nor has anyone purchased a copy from any of the distribution outlets that carry the book since the con ended.  I guess people just want the really cool looking bookmark to use for other people's books.  And that's okay.  But I sure wish someone would've bought a copy. As a marketing effort, although cheap, I'm not sure if it's that productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment