Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sites

As anyone who frequents this blog knows by now, I try to keep it fairly current. My goal is to post at least twice a week. I usually manage more than that.  It amazes me at how many blogs and websites have not been updated in years.  One writer I know has not updated his site at all in over two years.  Frankly, it's not that hard.  The point in having a site is to communicate with people.  Just ignoring your site sort of defeats that goal me thinks.  

Now, I seem to have a steady stream of readers for this blog.  I don't know who most of them are, but there is a fairly consistent pattern of views, coupled with the occasional spike. If I didn't update frequently, I believe the views would fall off.  

Of course, this blog is not a true writers blog.  I mean, it is written, but I'm just as likely to rattle on about garbage or fortune cookies as writing. It's just as well. Writing isn't really that exciting.  I just think people should keep up their sites or shut them down if they're not going to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment