Thursday, August 21, 2014

Steaming Along

Well, I got my schedule for Steampunk With A Twist Con coming up in September.  Some interesting stuff going on.  For those in the Colorado or Utah areas, this one is in Grand Junction. A link to their website is below.  I had my doubts about this when I was first invited, as they seemed rather disorganized. Well, it seems to be shaping up. I'm looking forward to it.

My own schedule is I'm hosting a reading for the contributors to Science Fiction Trails, Steampunk Trails & Six Guns Straight From Hell 2. All of these are products I've published.  Also, we're having a panel on my very favorite topic--The Great 1897 Airship.  I'm also sitting on panels about Victiorian versus western steam and getting past gatekeepers.  

Overall, they've got a lot of stuff going on, although they seem quite thin in terms of dealers attending, based on what's listed on their website.  Lodging is rather reasonable that time of year in Grand Junction. There are some really cheap deals to be had in the area if one doesn't want to stay at the official hotel.  The official site is only $59, so lodging shouldn't be an issue.


http://www.steampunkconventionwithatwist.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment