Saturday, August 16, 2014

RATTLING ALONG

For some reason a lot of folks don't seem to believe there are rattlesnakes in the mountains of central Colorado where I live. Well, I've seen 'em.   So, I wasn't all that surprised when I heard this rapid rattle sound from outside the screen door on my porch.  Sure enough, there was a coiled up western rattler [also called prairie rattler]. I just made sure the screen was closed properly and went about my business. An hour later I went and looked and it was gone.  Now, when I mentioned this people were shocked that I took such a nonchalant view to this. 

"Why didn't you kill it?" I was asked.

Well, that snake wasn't hurting me. In fact, as I really hate mice, and snakes eat way more mice than birds of prey and other predators, I don't view snakes as all that bad. Since it wasn't bothering me, I didn't bother it.



No comments:

Post a Comment