Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Steam Trails

We've been working hard to get the next issue of Steampunk Trails ready to go to the printer. I can't wait until it comes out.  The next issue is simply packed full of ripping good stuff.  

Now, for some reason, there is a mindset that steampunk art needs to tilt toward the hideous. If you look at so-called steampunk anthologies, that is often the case. I have a story in one recent collection that I could  only describe the cover as simply hideous. Whether that is by design or the poor judgement of the artist is something I cannot say.  But does that have to be the norm any more than the heavy tilt of horror covers towards the wretched black backgrounds?  Well, I don't know the answer. I do know our new cover for Steampunk Trails 2 is anything but typical. We took the risk of being too cute with this cover, but I think it works.  Of course, I've always had this strange fascination with dogs in goggles.



1 comment:

  1. I've received a large number of positive comments on the SPT2 cover. I think you and Mr. Miller did a great job.

    Personally, I love the cover. It's the background on my computer right now. *grin*

    ReplyDelete