Friday, June 27, 2014

Rattling Along

Twice this week I've seen rattlesnakes running around (they don't actually run of course) at my condo complex. I haven't said anything because I'm not sure what to do.  If I mention it to management they might go out and try to hunt them down and kill them.  All they're doing is being snakes.  They go down to the river and have a drink, then they cut across the lawn to go to wherever they go. This is the western rattler, also called the prairie rattler. I looked it up and that's it. And they do live in my part of Colorado.  So, if someone gets bit I'm a bad person for not saying anything, yet if I say something they may go out and kill them.

Why am I so protective of snakes?  Well, snakes eat a lot of mice--far more than other predators like owls. And I really hate mice. It's that simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment