Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Butter


I grew up on margarine. It was what my mom bought.  I don't think I ever tasted actual butter until I was an adult.  Sure, I'd heard of butter, but it just didn't exist in my world. When I tell people we always had margarine, they often look askance at me like I'm making this up. Well, I am not. So, what's in my fridge now? Margarine. I'm not used to eating butter. I know there's not much difference in terms of calories. And, if you watch the sales, there isn't even much difference in terms of price. I guess what we grew up eating has a big impact on what we eat as adults. Well, I had a coupon and today bought some butter--the first I've bought in years. It's pretty darn good, actually.  Of course, I had to buy some bread to make toast. I don't eat a lot of bread, but just eating raw butter seems kind of weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment