Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Million Ways to Die

I don't review things very often. No one cares what I think anyway.  Well, I went and saw A Million Ways To Die in the West. The critics were on this movie like a hound on a rabbit, almost before the first screening. I predicted that. They always seem to go out of their way to make a western movie fail. Alas, they didn't need to bother. This movie bombs all on its own. To put it another way, this sure ain't no Blazing Saddles  


That's not to say the movie is all bad.  There are some really good scenes in there, squeezed in between a bunch of scenes that aren't.  I laughed so hard I was seriously having trouble breathing during a scene where Neil Patrick Harris has a diarrhea attack in the middle of a gunfight.  Unfortunately, no one else in the theater was laughing. They were staring at me and I could not stop.  This movie is trying to be a crude, raunchy comedy--and it is. Just don't expect much else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment