Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Allergy

Like many people, I have problems with pollen allergies this time of year.  In fact, this is the worst year I've had since moving to Colorado. I'm just miserable. The medicine my doctor prescribed used to work--but not this year.  And the worst thing about this is the quack cures people I don't even know tell me to try. Yeah, the bee pollen/honey idea is nice--except we don't have any bees around here. There's no such thing as local honey. Pollen from the front range (Denver-Ft Collins) is entirely different than what's up here in the mountains. And various other concepts from not eating gluten (what's up with that?) to buying some miracle potion at the health food store for $50 a jar.  I wish I had a bunker I could crawl into and wait for allergy season to end or the zombie apocalypse--whichever comes first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment