Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Things People Should Do

I've always maintained that the world would be much better off if everyone would just blindly do what I tell them. Of course, the reality is no one does anything I tell them. That's why it's so screwed up.

Case in point.  I don't watch Dr. Who because that would cost extra for my cable package.  So I have no idea about the new Doctor. Don't know anything about him.  Back when it was announced Matt Smith was leaving, I wrote to the BBC and told them I'd like to try out for the job.  I never heard back from them on it. It was like when the last pope resigned.  I wrote to the Vatican and told them I was available.  I never heard back from them, either.  Maybe it's my letter writing skills.  I guess I didn't sell myself well enough.  Of course, it could be a racist thing.  In the case of the BBC, I'm not British. In the case of the Vatican, I'm not Catholic. 

Others would argue that I'm not qualified for either job as I've never done any acting and I've never been a priest.  Well, to that I'd say lots of people who aren't remotely qualified get hired every day and they do just fine. So, since they don't want me, next time they hire a new Doctor, they should get some big black guy. And the next time they hire a new pope, they should get some big black guy.  

And, while I'm on the idea express, the Doctor should get a dog, preferably a nice golden retriever. And, that advice goes for the pope as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment