Monday, April 28, 2014

Coupons

Well then, I haven't talked about coupons in a while. I just went to the grocery store.  I got about 40% off my bill by using coupons.  That's a big savings.  What really struck me as interesting was that I seemed to recall that the thinking about five years ago was coupons were on the way out as a marketing tool. They are, after all, rather inefficient. They're costly to process and companies pay advertisers like newspapers to get them to people, yet a lot of that audience doesn't bother with them--so it's inefficient.  There are some online sources, but they often require an excessive amount of personal information, so people won't get them that way. Newspapers and a few magazines, long thought obsolete, are where a lot of coupons come from--still. And I use them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment