Friday, February 14, 2014

Coin of the Realm

I found a dime on the sidewalk today.  It's been weeks since we could even see the sidewalks around here. I always like finding money.  It's just unexpected out of the blue spending power. Alas, coinage isn't what it used to be in terms of buying capacity.  But I still enjoy finding it.

At the hotel I used to work at, there was money underneath the seat cushions darn near every night. It was not unheard of to rake in a whole dollar--sometimes even two.  Alas, the seat cushions where I now work have never yielded so much as a nickel. I don't really know why this is so.  Nowadays the best I can hope for is the occasional dime or penny on the sidewalk.  And there's no hope of finding a quarter or any of the Sacajawea money anyplace. It just doesn't happen. Cursed debit cards.

Gold coins. Why can't anyone ever leave these on the sidewalk?

No comments:

Post a Comment