Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mail Dispatch

Our  local post office has a final dispatch at 3pm.  I guess that's because we're out in the boondocks and it has to go really far away for sorting and stuff.  Still, that seems awfully early to me.  I missed the deadline yesterday.  The truck was driving away as I drove up to the post office.  So, another day lost.  Not that the package I was mailing was really all that urgent. I knew the time cutoff.  I just convinced myself that somehow it wouldn't really matter.  

I have this love hate relationship with the post office. I love the fact that they're tons cheaper than UPS. I hate the fact that their service is crap.  I wonder, in a few years, when mailmen are replaced by robot drones, what the mail experience will be like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment