Friday, January 24, 2014

I Don't Know Where I Live

Over the years I've sold various things on Amazon and eBay.  I often wonder why I do this. The problem is the astonishing rate of undeliverable packages. I just cannot believe how many packages come back as undeliverable. Why somebody would go to the trouble to order something when they don't know where they live amazes me. I actually know where I live.  I have my own delivery issues, as the Post Office won't deliver to my address.  I know this, and get burned when someone promises to use FedEx or UPS, then turns around and mails something.  That's not the case on the 20% undeliverable orders I send out.  I verify each address in the Postal Database as being a valid address. It doesn't help at all.  They still keep coming back as undeliverable because the address people put down is not where they live. What I can't figure out is why they don't know where they live. It's a costly and annoying waste of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment