Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hotel Biz

Well, as I've mentioned before, I work in the hotel biz when I'm not out battling the forces of evil.  I don't really know how I ended working in hotels.  It just sort of happened.  So, I don't know that it matters that much, but I work weekends.  Most author events, cons, etc are on weekends. This is an inherent conflict someone who works a real job during the standard work week doesn't have to contend with.  But it does, at times, prove frustrating. As I plan what cons to attend in 2014, it's always a quandary as I think can I get off then?   I sure wish our hotel had author stuff or a murder mystery weekend. All we ever seem to get are weddings.  I hate weddings, but that's another story.

Anyway, the only con I've accepted an invite to is Leprecon in Phoenix.  So, it may not be a big deal if that's all I go to.  Time will tell. But, because it's a big deal to get weekends off, I haven't been very aggressive at looking for cons to go to.


No comments:

Post a Comment