Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Artistic talent

Over at Steampunk Trails, where I am art director, we just got the cover art for the next issue.  Thing is, we have not even purchased a single story yet. Heck, it's not even open for submissions.  So, we're a bit ahead of things.  This cover is really neat.  One thing I've noticed about steamounk is a lot of it's kind of dark. Well, this cover isn't. It's really fun.  And, some day down the road, we'll release it.

It's kind of weird, in my role as art director, doing stuff like selecting covers,  since I have no real artistic talent whatsoever.  I told someone recently that it's not that different than being a writer. I have no talent in that arena either.  

So, if you're an aspiring artist, take head. We're still going to need art for interior illustrations. At some point. Down the road. Eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment