Thursday, November 28, 2013

Turkeys

I'm not really doing much for Thanksgiving this year.  I decided I didn't want the hassle of travelling. Alas, I'm not cooking any turkey.  I don't know why so many people can't cook them.  Ten to 20 houses are burnt down every thanksgiving by people trying to deep fry them in kettles--Cajun style. Growing up, our turkeys that my mom and my grandmother made were always overcooked and dry. This is usually because of an insistence of putting stuffing in the bird. Cook the stuffing on the stove. The bird will cook faster and more evenly without any stuffing in it.  
 
My mesquite grilled turkeys are the best in the world. No one on this earth can cook a turkey better than I can. And it's  a true shame that I'm not cooking one this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment