Sunday, November 17, 2013

Plum Pudding

I've been trying to decide if I want to make a plum pudding for our upcoming Steampunk Christmas event on Dec 14th.  I used to make them all the time, but have not done so for years.  The fact is, I don't really care for them.  For those unfamiliar, they're sort of like a fruitcake, though there are differences in ingredients. And they're steamed instead of baked.

Once upon a time some members of my family liked fruitcake. I started making my own, instead of ordering them from Texas.  My fruitcakes were the best in the world.  Then I branched out in plum pudding. But, over time, as distances increased and we stopped doing much for Christmas, I stopped making them. Maybe I'll toss a coin.

By the way, my mesquite grilled turkey is the best in the world also. But that's another story.


No comments:

Post a Comment