Monday, November 18, 2013

Abominable Cereal

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth I took a college marketing class. The concept was we had to come up with an idea for a product or service, then make a plan for how we would market it. My product–Abominable Cereal. You would have little Abominable Snowmen, coated in frosted sugar (so they'd be white) and kids would buy them. On the box you would have a picture of Yeti (The Abominable Snowman) on top of a mountain top swatting at airplanes, much like King Kong is often depicted on top of the Empire State Building. I thought this was a wonderful idea for a product. As I recall, the professor gave me a C and ripped it pretty hard.

Hell, if I won the lottery or found a million dollars lying in a ditch, I’d market this product right away. I still think it would be awesome. In the meantime, if the folks at Post or Kellogg's want to rip off my idea and market an Abominable Cereal, go right ahead. I don't mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment