Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Occupation

Occupy Wall Street celebrates its two year anniversary today.  Back when they were expanding all over the country I went down to Denver to protest with them one day.  I developed a real appreciation for the sacrifices they were making.  They were living in pretty wretched conditions. And standing around protesting gets quite tedious--fast.  After one day I never went back. 
 
Overall, I think they called attention to some things, although the past election makes one wonder if most of that effort fell on deaf ears. Congress barely changed.  An astonishing amount of the wealth in this country is in the hands of just a few hundred people.  These folks are not acting in the best interest of the country.  And that's all I have to say on the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment